Changing Admin Login Credentials
Modified on: Thu, 4 Mar, 2021 at 3:25 PM
- Login to your Wireless Access Point.
- Click the Advanced tab.
- Click Security on the left-hand side of the screen.
- Click Administrator Credentials on the left-hand side of the screen.
- From here you can change the username and password used to login to your fibre router. You can also disable the requirement of using login credentials entirely but we would strongly discourage this.
|Choosing a Wireless Name|
|When choosing a new Wireless name or SSID, you should consider the following:|
- Avoid using personal information in your wireless name (e.g. Your address, name or other identifiable details).
- Ensure you have used a unique name from the surrounding wireless networks.
|Choosing a Password|
When choosing changing your password/security key, ensure:
- Your password is at least 8 characters long.
- You use at least one uppercase letter, one lowercase letter, one numeric character (0-9) and one punctuation symbol.
- You avoid words found in a dictionary, personal information, keyboard patterns (e.g. qwerty or 12345) and passwords with repeating characters (e.g. sss111).
If in doubt, check your password with a reliable password checking website such as https://howsecureismypassword.net/
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.